The Fate of Flat and Soot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

The Fate of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], a Warriorcats Reboot - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fate of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], a Warriorcats Reboot

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:22 pm
"I'm not sure that's going to happen Kit-Kat" smirked Loudmouth "When this Icestar comes, we will let this one go-- even if he is quite bad at looking up-- but not before then. You see, we are not looking forward to waiting here for too long. And we're worried that you will dawdle if you have no reason to return. So go. Find your frozen planet. And bring him to us. I'm sure we have much to discuss"
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin
https://thefateofflatandsoot.forumotion.com

The Fate of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], a Warriorcats Reboot - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fate of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], a Warriorcats Reboot

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:59 pm
Hollyfoot cast one last fearful glance at Longpelt, then turned tail and sprinted for Thunderclan camp. She could hear her blood pounding in her ears she barely felt the ground beneath her paws.

It seemed to take far too long to reach the camp. She squeezed through the bramble tunnel, leaving some of her fur behind. "Icestar!" she shouted. "Icestar! Somebody find Icestar!"
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:13 am
"Hollyfoot? What is it?"
Said Icestar, padding out of the leader's den.
"Where's Longpelt? It's not riverclan. Oh starclan. Not Riverclan again"
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:23 am
"You have to come with me now!" Hollyfoot exclaimed. Before she even got confirmation, she shot back out of camp, just hoping Icestar would follow.
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:20 pm
"have to come with you now?" Murmured Icestar, not moving to follow Hollyfoot "I'm the leader, I don't *have* to do anything. What is happening?
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:29 pm
Hollyfoot realized with despair that Icestar wasn't following her. She could practically feel Longpelt's life slipping away. Panting, she turned back for camp. "What's the matter with you?" she shouted at the frozen leader. "Longpelt is in danger! You need to come now!"

A few warriors had poked their hands out of their dens and were murmuring. What was all this shouting? Someone was in danger?

Even Emberstorm dragged herself out of the warriors den. She hurried over to where Hollyfoot was causing a commotion, her pelt spiking. It was supposed to be a simple patrol. Had Reedstar come back for revenge? "What's happening?" she asked.

"Longpelt is going to die unless Icestar comes with me right now!" Hollyfoot wailed.
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:33 pm
Icestar's heart splooshed into his stomach. This was not how this conversation was supposed to go. He figured that Hollyfoot should respect his leadership to at least provide a rationale before leading him into the unknown. Who knows what she might want me to do. Why didn't she help Longtail? Has Riverclan taken him hostage? I've been silent for too long. They're starting to stare

Icestar looked around the clearing, trying not to look like a leader judging which cats would support Lightfur over him.

"Hollyfoot. I will save Longpelt and I will hurry but I need to know from what I don't want to run into a River-- into a trap. What is happening?"
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:17 pm
"They're monsters with the faces of rats and the paws of twolegs," Hollyfoot said. "We found them at the twoleg place border."

"Surely that's enough explanation," Emberstorm said, looking at Icestar. "It's not... Any other clan. We should go now."

Lightfur stepped forward. "Icestar. You can't be meaning to go alone to face these creatures. If a clanmate is in danger, we have to take a patrol."

Several cats murmured their agreement.

Hollyfoot was tearing up clumps of dirt with her claws. "They said to bring Icestar, not a whole patrol!"
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:12 pm
"Raccoons" Murmered Icestar, remembering a time from long ago.

"We don't have much time. Emberstorm. Hollyfoot, come with me"

Icestar dashed out of the camp not waiting to see how the crowd would react
why did it have to be raccoons

Upon exiting the camp, the Icestar slowed his pace and turned to Emberstorm

"You're going to have to take my place"
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:21 pm
"What do you mean?" Emberstorm asked warily.

"Why are we stopping?" Hollyfoot asked. Her pelt like it was crawling with ants. She pictured Longpelt, somewhere far away, gargling his last gargle...

Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:29 pm
"I've been on the end of one of those Racoon strangulations." mewed Icestar "It's not fun but he'll survive"
Icestar gestured for Hollyfoot to lead the way before turning to Emberstorm

"I have a history with Racoons. They see me as a weak-willed coward. And to be fair, before the clans that's exactly who I was"
AND STILL AM
The thought was uncontrollable and vicious. It was a mental Cornfur, slashing at his very conception of the self. He hoped that the two real warriors didn't notice him pause.

"They won't be intimidated, especially if they know I'm the leader. We need to impress upon them our strength. And so Emberstorm, you must take lead in negotiation."
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:16 pm
"If you're sure," Emberstorm said. She tried not to sound doubtful. That was the last thing they needed if they were going to pull off their ruse.

Hollyfoot led the other two back to the place where she'd last seen Longpelt. The 'raccoon' still had its paws on his throat, but she thought she saw him faintly breathing.

Emberstorm stepped forward, raising her head like a leader would have done. "You wanted to speak with Thunderclan's leader? I'm here. Let my warrior go."
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:45 am
"Mousebrain" Hissed Icestar, practically tackling Emberstorm out of the clearing "There's something very important when talking to raccoons. You can't lie. Don't lie. Tell half-truths and dodge like your life depends on it. Don't threaten. Don't attack. They are clever but also willing to negotiate. And once they give you their word. It's there to stay. A fight will likely end poorly. If they want to stay on Thunderclan territory... let them. It's better to have allies than enemies"
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:36 pm
Emberstorm felt her pelt grow hot with embarrassment. Perhaps she should have asked a few more questions before charging in claiming to be something she wasn't, but it was a little late for regrets now. "I'll keep that input in mind," she murmured back, hoping the raccoons hadn't heard that exchange. If all went well, perhaps they would leave the clan well enough alone that the truth would never become clear.

She looked back to the raccoons and dipped her head. "Apologies. I was just having... Words with my fellow Thunderclan warrior." That was... Technically true on all counts.
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:41 pm
"you seem more like it" said loudmouth, his bristled coat pressed lazily against a tall pine tree
"Deadfall you can let the other one go. We've got bigger fists to fry"
A traumatized Longpelt stumbled from the left side of the clearing, there were read marks around his throat but he was otherwise unharmed. But it seems the temporary captivity had broken something inside of him. Or perhaps it was always fractured and just waiting for the final push.

"Em em em" stuttered Longpelt struggling to regain his powers of speech "where is Icestar?"
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:45 pm
Emberstorm shot a look at Hollyfoot.

"She's right there, mousebrain! We have to get you back to camp so Puddlefoot can look at you." She put her tail over his mouth and tried to usher him away from the raccoons.

Emberstorm sat with her tail over her paws, fighting to keep it from twitching. She felt like a mouse trapped between two sets of claws. "What did you want to discuss?" she asked, praying to Starclan than Longpelt was confused enough to go along with their charade, or at the very least that he would keep his mouth shut!
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:08 pm
Icestar, watching from a distance, wanted to yowl. He was intimately familiar with most types of incompetence but the Thunderclan display was something special. I guess this is what happens when you have the warrior code. You never learn to lie.

----
Loudmouth just smiled, unconcerned with hushed whispers of the Thunderclan cats. He stood up, stretched, and walked his way towards Emberstorm.

"I'm still not sure about your name, but you do seem to have some semblance of authority over these kit-cats-- so I guess you'll have to do. This area is now our territory. If that squealer is to be believed, the hummus-- or should I say Two-Legs-- don't bother you much. We aren't hunters, so we won't take your difficult-to-catch food. But the cans are all ours. Deal?"
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:27 pm
Emberstorm could hardly contain her surprise. All that they wanted was crowfood? Thunderclan warriors would never eat twoleg rubbish anyway. They'd just need to warn everyone not to bother the raccoons... And maybe move their scent markers a tad. Hunting near twolegplace was poor anyway.

"You have a deal," she said. "My warriors will not interfere with your... Hunting, so long as you agree to let us go about our business in peace and do not encroach on the forect territory we need for our own hunting."
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:35 pm
Icestar slumped against the tree. His expectations were both low and somehow subverted.

A malicious sparkle shone through Loudmouth's eyes. "You really don't put up much of a fight. You forest kit-kats are just like little dominos. All it takes is one little push"

At this Loudmouth let out a ferocious hiss and leaped at Longpelt. The Thunderclan cat turned tail and ran, tearing through the underbrush in the direction of Riverclan.

"huh huh huh huh" chortled Loudmouth "scaredy cats, every last one of you. It's a wonder you've made it this far on your own. Perhaps I should be the leader of your little troop. I certainly could make it work."
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:44 pm
Hollyfoot turned and hissed at the creature. "Thunderclan would never make you their leader! You don't care at all for the warrior code. Neither of you have any honor!"

Emberstorm rested her tail on Hollyfoot's shoulder. "I think we've said everything we need to say," she said pointedly. Nothing could be gained by agitating these creatures further. "Let's go check on Longpelt and let the rest of the clan know about this. I'm sure they'll be wondering."

"You're just going to let them treat us like that?" Hollyfoot growled. "Do you want to hand the rest of the territory over to them while you're at it?"

"Hollyfoot-"

"I can't believe this." Hollyfoot shook her head and stalked off in disgust.

"Hollyfoot!" Emberstorm called after her. Her pelt prickled uneasily. This wasn't making them look any better. Not by a long shot.
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:28 pm
"Well that was easy" smirked Loudmouth, walking towards the tallest tree on the edge of the clearing.

Icestar could just making another shape clinging to a branch. He couldn't be certain but the shadow looked like it was staring at him. He carefully backtracked his way away from the I'll fated negotiation and started walking back to Thunderclan camp. He was going to have to have a tough conversation with a certain Thunderclan Deputy, and he was not looking forward to it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum