The Fate of Flat and Soot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

The Fate of Flat and Soot - A Warriorcats RP - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fate of Flat and Soot - A Warriorcats RP

Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:45 pm
After following the border for what felt like an eternity, they veered off into the backhalf of Windclan territory Together they padded towards the highstones. The scrubland slowly transitioned into twoleg territory. Windclans dwindling scent, their most tangible connection to the living clans.

Icestar and Lightfur past snarling dogs, their barks ripping through the cool night air, and came across a thunderpath. Icestar calmly checked for monsters before leisurely padding across.
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin
https://thefateofflatandsoot.forumotion.com

The Fate of Flat and Soot - A Warriorcats RP - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fate of Flat and Soot - A Warriorcats RP

Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:50 pm
Lightfur raced across the thunderpath, somewhat shocked by Icestar's casual demeanor. "Just because you've got nine lives doesn't mean you have to risk them to a monster!" he called.

Even though he couldn't hear anything or fell the rumbling of an approaching monster, crossing a thunderpath was always a risk. Even apprentices knew not to dawdle in the middle!
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:24 pm
"You don't have to be so afraid" chided Icestar "The monsters are fast but they're not going to come out of nowhere. It's better to stay calm and carefully cross the thunderpath without fear".

Icestar's hungry stomach felt a warm rush from correcting the older warrior. It wasn't that Lightfur was wrong in his desire for safety, but he'd seen many brave cats make unpredictable movements while crossing thunderpaths. More importantly, it felt good to know that Lightfur didn't. Icestar was the leader after all.  

They continued up to the opening of the mothermouth in silence. He only broke it after they started into the darkness "wait here. I'll be back. Watch out for monsters". Then Icestar headed into the cave.

It's better to stay calm

As he padded down the tunnel towards the moonstone, his heart began to beat faster. Pitch black spaces are terrifying for any cat, but this fear comes from the stone. Icestar had never become comfortable with Starclan. He expected to potentially meet them when he died, but he wasn't certain. Any questions of belief were blasted from him when he gained nine lives. But that didn't make him any less afraid. They're not my ancestors. It's better to stay calm.

He came upon the stone, shining menacingly in the soft moonlight. And pressed his head against the cold surface.  It's better to stay calm. Icestar started to count. He counted cats in the clan and landmarks from Thunderclan territory. As he started to list the more memorable features of the Thunderclan camp, sleep grabbed him like an eagle picking up its first meal of the day.
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:34 pm
"He is here. We should go to greet him," a voice said.

Flickerpaw looked up from the pool he had been gazing into to see Treestar standing a fox-length away.

"In a moment," Flickerpaw said, flicking his tail. He glanced down into the pool again, watching a weary cat sorting herbs in a crowded den. Pain and guilt clawed at his heart. He tore his gaze away from the water and got to his paws to follow Treestar.

"I wish they weren't so alone," he said to her his whiskers drooping. "Maybe one of the Two could have-"

"You know their destinies are not in the medicine den, Flickerpaw," Treestar said, gently scolding. "Puddlefoot will receive a new apprentice soon enough." She draped her tail over the young cat's shoulders. "I know your pain. Some days I wish we could both be back with Thunderclan, but we have to trust the living cats to carry on without us."

Flickerpaw sighed and reluctantly nodded. "But what will we say to Icestar?"

Treestar looked worried. "Let's focus on waking him first."

She reached out her paw and nudged the sleeping Tom's shoulder, where he lay in the cool green grass of Starclan's territory. "Icestar," she mewed.
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 pm
"Treestar" Icestar mewed with surprise "It's good to see you again". The clearing was empty. a gently sloping hill with the wise leader staring down at him.
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:01 pm
Treestar bowed her head to him briefly in greeting. "You've come seeking answers, I gather?" She gestured to Flickerpaw with her tail. "We've been watching over you closely since your leadership ceremony. Congratulations on naming two new apprentices." Her gaze betrayed nothing, but she could see that Thunderclan's new leader was troubled. She wondered if the events of the prophecy had already begun, or if there was still time for her clan to prepare...
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:09 pm

"Puddlefoot doesn't seem too impressed with my choice of mentors," Icestar said, remembering why he was directed to come to the moonstone in the first place "Can we make Flatpaw and Sootpaw into medicine cats".

"And while I'm asking questions. Why did Starclan let so many cats die of Redcough?" Icestar could feel the head rising within him. "Why did you have to die Treestar? And you to Flickerpaw. Why did Starclan let this happen?"
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:15 pm
Treestar and Flickerpaw shared a glance.

"We have seen the kit who is to be Puddlefoot's apprentice," she said. "As much as Puddlefoot may wish it was Sootpaw or Flatpaw's destiny, their paws walk a different path."

Flickerpaw looked down at his paws in frustration. He was sure his destiny hadn't been to be a medicine cat, but when it was clear that was the role chosen for him, he had worked hard to be the best apprentice he could. He didn't see why Sootpaw or Flatpaw couldn't do the same. It was different though, wasn't it? He hadn't had a destiny. Starclan claimed him before he was even a full medicine cat.

Treestar went on talking, breaking him out of his thoughts. "As for your other questions, no cat in Starclan wished for so much death, but our powers are limited. There is not a cure for redcough anywhere in the forest, and the journey to fetch healing herbs would have taken so long that the sickness would have run its course. As much as we wish it could have been different, it had to be this way."
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:05 pm
"Here's what I think" Icestar could feel his cheeks flush with six moons of anger and frustration welled up inside of him "Starclan doesn't know anything. You can grant lives and have a glowing stone but your real power is that the clans listen to you. I'm so tired of everything being 'the will of Starclan'. I'm so tired of the muttering about how rotten prey is 'a sign from Starclan'. I'm just so tired of it all"

With an emphasis on the final words, Icestar stood up and started to race around the moonlit clearing. He knew he shouldn't be so openly confronting the warrior ancestors but he couldn't stop. "I'm not going to listen to you. They may think I do, but I'm not. I'm done".

Realizing he had nowhere to run that the shining warriors couldn't see, Icestar paused. Between ragged breaths, he spat out "How do I wake up anyway".
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:06 pm
Treestar watched sadly as Icestar fled.

"Aren't we going to go after him?" Flickerpaw asked, alarmed.

"What good will it do?" Treestar asked. "He's right, isn't he? We don't have any real power here in Starclan, other to pass along prophecies and warnings."

Flickerpaw's fur stood up. "Well we have to do something! If you don't warn him, I will!"

"Flickerpaw!" Treestar called sternly, but the young Tom was already running after Icestar.

"Icestar!" he called.
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:22 pm
Icestar could hear a voice call out for him in the distance, but didn't stop. He just kept running. As each paw pressed down on the starry valley he knew it was a mistake. But he couldn't stop now. it was easier to just keep running. It was easier to face the fire in his legs than the disappointed eyes of his former leader.
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:41 pm
Flickerpaw continued to chase after Icestar, moving so fast that Starclan's familiar territory blurred around him and began to look strange. "Wait!" he tried to cry out again. "We shouldn't be here!"
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:02 pm

This time Icestar heard the warning. But his feet seemed to carry him with no heed to their owners wishes.

"How can I wake up" Icestar called again, desperation oozing from his shaky voice.
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:10 pm
"I- I don't know!" Flickerpaw stammered. The trees around him began to change and the familiar prey scents faded away, replaced with the dank smell of rot. "Stop running! We need to go back!"
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:51 pm
Something in the tone of the voice snapped Icestar out of his momentary haze. it was only when he stopped running did the enormity of the situation come crashing down on him. I can't even get along with Starclan. Icestar curled up in a ball and squeezed his eyes, hoping with all his might that he would soon be face to face with a cold moonlit rock.
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:03 pm
Flickerpaw caught up with Icestar and looked down at the huddled leader of Thunderclan. He prodded him with a paw. "This isn't the time to take a nap! Don't you know where we are?"
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:14 pm
"Starclan?" Icestar murmured? "I just need to go back to the forest. I'm not welcome here".
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:25 pm
Flickerpaw shook his head, his fur standing on end. "We're not in Starclan's territory anymore. Look around you!"

He looked around at the dead, shaded forest surrounding them on all sides. Long shadows stretched across the grass, even though little light shone from overhead.

Flickerpaw looked up, at the sky was dark and empty." We have to go," he said, " now."
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:40 pm
"Okay" said Icestar, suddenly feeling the deepest exhaustion of his life. Icestar stood up and started to walk towards Flickerpaw.
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:55 pm
"Well, what do we have here?" a she-cat's harsh voice asked.

Flickerpaw's fur stood on end. He casting darting glances around the dark woods and finally spotted two pairs of amber eyes glaring out at his from the shadows.

"A couple of lost souls?" said another sinister voice.
Two cats stepped out of the darkness, one a lithe, russet tabby she-cat, and the other a large, silver tom. The tom's fur might one have been sleek, but now it was matted and streaked with rust-colored stains. There was no light in his eyes.

"S-stay back!" Flickerpaw stammered, feeling like nothing more than a terrified kit.
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:40 pm

"And who might you be" Icestar growled, hoping that his fear wasn't making his voice tremble. He had once heard whispers of a place where evil stayed but had always assumed it was just a story to scare kits. Yet, here they were. The russet she-cat and silver tom radiated anger and ambition. This dark power was intoxicating. Perhaps this is where I belong.
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:33 pm
"Don't tell me the Clans have forgotten me already?" The silver tom asked with a sneer. "The warrior who so nearly brought glory to Thunderclan? If only the lot of you hadn't been so shortsighted...Yes, I can still smell it on you even though you have passed, little kit-" He said, leaning closer to Flickerpaw. His breath smelled like blood.

Flickerpaw took a pawstep back, only to bump into the she-cat, who had crept up behind him. There was something different about her, but he couldn't quite place it.

"Don't go running off, now," the tom said smoothly. He looked from Flickerpaw to Icestar and, for a moment, he looked surprised. "You are not of Starclan," he said.
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:40 pm
"If you have something to say, say it" Icestar's words were more confident than he felt. He unsheathed his claws and stared at the silver tom "if you just want a fight, I'm sure that can be arranged."
Emberstorm
Emberstorm
Admin

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:46 pm
The tom laughed. "You speak with the confidence of a young warrior, and the foolishness. I do not want a fight. Rather... I wish to know how you came to be here. It's not often that the living arrive in the place of no stars." He cast a glance at the russet she-cat as he said this.

She lifted her chin and stared back at him.

Flickerpaw pressed closer to Icestar. "We shouldn't listen to him. Every cat in this place is pure evil," he whispered.
Icestar
Icestar
Admin

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm
"Starclan gave me an unsatisfying answer" Icestar mewed, ignoring Flickerpaw "and so I wanted to see what more these stars could offer".
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum